Terms & Conditions
Last updated on:
16th January 2019
Respecting Information Privacy
Information we Collect
In order to provide you with services or improve the services we offer you, we may collect and process personal information including (without limitation) information through the activities you engage with us, such as:
- Personal information such as your name, telephone numbers, email address, physical & postal address when creating and updating your personal profile.
- All property attributes, information when advertising your property; including number of bedrooms, bathrooms and car spaces, property features, property type, rental price, house size, bond amount, photos of your property, inspection, and contact details
- Photo ID and proof of ownership when advertising your property. This is to ensure only genuine listings are being advertised including fraud detection and prevention.
- Uploading documents and photos via our file library
- We may collect the details of each transaction if you make an order for a service offered throughout the website
- Feedback and enquiries sent through our contact form
- Surveys for research purposes
- Tenant information. We collect your tenant’s personal information such as email, name, phone number.
- Tenancy details. We collect information about the tenancy, such as rent start date, rent amount and period. We also collect individual rent payment details, expenses and other income received from the tenant.
- Some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
- Other information we may receive about you, to manage our content, help with internal research and provide you with a better service is:
- Log data such as your IP address, browser type, location, operating system, referring web page and pages visited. We receive Log Data when you interact with our service, visit our website, or interact with various activities throughout the website.
- Cookies: Like many websites, we use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data to improve our Services. There are two types of cookies ‘session cookies’ which make it easier for you to navigate our site, which expire when you close the browser and ‘persistent cookies’ which remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We only use ‘session cookies’, we do not use ‘persistent cookies.
Use of Information
The information that you provide is stored on our databases. We use the information for landlord and tenant rental management activity and to assist in providing customer support and services. We may from time to time contact you with new service offerings. You may remove yourself from these mailings at anytime by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We collect information from you for the purpose of creating an account for you, so you can use our service.
- Publish your property advertisement on our websites renthub.co.nz and third-party property portals. Please contact us for a full list of our third-party property portals that we publish your property advertisement on.
- To help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on Renthub, such as fraud detection and prevention, verifying the address of your listings, proof of ownership and verifying any identifications provided by you.
- To track and calculate the rent paid. This information is used to send reminder messages to the tenant, create receipts and generate reports.
- To establish and maintain your relationship as a customer of Renthub.
- To administer and manage our services.
- Communicate with you via email, phone, mail, or live chat to answer your enquiry.
- We may provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services which we believe may be of interest to you, either directly or via third party direct marketing.
- Provide to third parties only in relation to the assisting of management of your property.
- Provide information to representatives and advisors, like lawyers and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- Understanding and improving our service. To make the service better we must understand how users are using it. We use this information to explore ways to improve our service, including research.
If you at any time receive any communication from Renthub which you would not like to receive, please contact us and we will remove your name from our mailing list, or you may use the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each email communication you receive from us.
Disclosure of the Information
- We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information to other members of Renthub in which case, your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, managed, and stored in accordance with this policy.
- We may also disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties but not limited to:
- engaging with us to perform functions or provide products and services on your behalf, such as newsagents, processing credit card information, postal services, courier services, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- as part of any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the Police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We give you the user of our service the right to access the information we hold about you and correct it, if it’s wrong.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct or update this data by making the change within your account or by contacting us.
Security & Storage
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information such as signing up to use our service or using any services, we offer such as creating your property advertisement or paying for a service we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to the web site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies and follow generally accepted industry standards. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our web site, you can contact us. Renthub will take all endeavours to keep information confidential however if there is a breach of security or via other unintended means the data is seized Renthub are excluded from any liability.
- Information submitted by you, other users and visitors to our website or photo ID and proof of ownership records may be held on servers located in New Zealand or in the data centres in Australia, the United States of America, Europe, and Asia.
- ‘Our Team’ directors, employees, independent contractors and representatives who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other websites that are outside of our control, as well as to third party websites. These websites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the website.
Thank you for using the Renthub services. Please read these Terms carefully. By using our services or signing up for an account, you’re agreeing to these Terms. This is a legal agreement.
A few definitions to help you understand this agreement
- “Renthub”, “Us”, “We” or “Our” means ‘Renthub Ltd’.
- Renthub (the “Service”) is an online platform to rent or sell your home offered through the URL: http://www.Renthub.nz . We will refer to it as “Renthub”.
- “our Team” means directors, employees, independent contractors, and representatives
- “User” or “You” means a customer of the Service or a representative of an entity that’s a customer of the Service
- “Material” means text, illustrations, photos, audio, video, any combination of these or other material.
In order to become a user of Renthub to rent a property or use any of our services you must:
- be the owner of the property who is legally entitled to do so
- be at least eighteen (18) years of age or otherwise possess legal parental or guardian consent
- be authorised to, under the consent of the eligible person or entity being the owner of the property
- sign up to use any of the Renthub services
- provide true, complete, and up to date contact information and
- agree to these Terms
Once data is entered it is stored in perpetuity. Once a tenancy application is submitted I/we agree for our credit check and information to be provided to the landlord for the property we are applying for. By using our services, you must agree and meet the eligibility requirements listed above and not violate any laws or regulations. Renthub may change eligibility requirements at any time.
There is no minimum term to use Renthub, when you sign up to use our service, that is when the term begins. The term continues for as long as you use the service (Terminate your account). By clicking the ‘Create Account’ button after entering your user details when signing up, means you have officially ‘signed’ and agree to these terms. If you sign up for Renthub on behalf of a company or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to accept these Terms on their behalf.
Terminate Your Account
You or Renthub may choose to terminate your account. Renthub may terminate or suspend your account at any time, with or without written notice, to use or access any part of Renthub. We will not provide a refund or reimburse you. Renthub may terminate your account if you do not log in for 12 months, which is deemed ‘inactive’. Renthub may delete all your data from your account if Terminated.
Changes to Terms
Password & User Details
You are solely responsible for ensuring the security and confidentiality of your user details, including any username and password assigned to you. You must notify us immediately if you know of unauthorised use of your account. We’re not responsible for any losses due to stolen or hacked passwords. For security reasons we don’t have access to your password, if you forget your password, we may only reset your password.
Product & Service Payments
You may purchase our service to post your property advertisement to third party property portals until rented, at the price posted on the pricing page of our website which you may change from time to time which includes ‘Goods and Services Tax’ (GST). You agree to give Renthub the authority to advertise your property for rent on your behalf to the nominated third-party property portals.
Until rented or sold means you can effectively have your property advertisement posted on a third-party property portal for 90 Days. All property advertisements published using our service will include the address of the property and displayed on our site “Renthub” and third-party property portals.
Publishing Property Advertisements
- All property advertisements submitted to be published to our site or any third-party property portal will be approved by our team before being published. If the property advertisement does not abide by these terms, we will disapprove the property advertisement and your advertisement will not be published. You will be notified to make necessary changes before the property advertisement is published. If you fail to make the necessary changes your account may be suspended or terminated.
- Every effort is made to publish the property advertisement to third party property portals within 24 hours, however a property advertisement may be published beyond the 24 hours depending on the time taken to process your advertisement when submitted to third party property portals, system outages, technical issues, security involved, or for the interest of customer service. Property advertisements may be displayed on the third-party property portals earlier depending on the processing times.
All property advertisements may be published to our company Facebook, and Pinterest accounts. If you wish for this to be removed, please contact us.
For Rent Sign
You may purchase a ‘For Rent Sign’ to be delivered to you anywhere in New Zealand, the price posted on the pricing page of our website which may change from time to time and includes ‘Goods and Services Tax’ (GST) and freight to anywhere in New Zealand. ‘For Rent Signs’ are made from corflute measuring 900mm by 600mm in size. There is no limit to the number of ‘For Rent Signs’ in which you can purchase for any one particular property.
Shipping & Delivery
- While all effort is made to dispatch signs for delivery within 24 hours, there may be a need to process an order beyond the 24-hour period depending on the nature of the product ordered, security involved, or in the interests of customer service.
- Delivery to metro areas will take approximately 3 business days from date of order, please note that some regional deliveries may take longer depending on the exact location and circumstances beyond our control. Deliveries may occur earlier than quoted depending on production and delivery schedules
- We do not take responsibility for loss or damage of these signs due to circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to:
- Natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis.
- Your typing errors when entering data.
Initial move in costs paid by the ‘tenant’ are non-refundable once paid.
Property Advertisement to third party property portals
We will give you a refund on your property advertisement if we stop providing our services to you for a reason that is not in these terms.
For Rent signs
We will provide you with a refund or reimburse you with a new sign if your ‘For Rent Sign’ is not fit for the purpose of merchantable quality upon delivery within 30 days of receipt of shipment. This means if the sign is marked, torn or damaged in some way that is not acceptable via photographic evidence we will provide you with a refund or reimburse you with a new sign. We will not refund for any damages caused by you deliberately or accidentally.
- Proprietary Rights Owned by Us
You shall respect our proprietary rights in the websites and the software used to provide any of the Renthub Services (proprietary rights include patents, trademarks, service marks, and copyrights). You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
- Your Content in Our Service
When using our service, you are able to submit content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours. We may use or disclose your materials only as described in these terms.
If you violate any of these rules then we may suspend or terminate your account.
- Storage & Bandwidth Abuse
You may only use our data storage and bandwidth for the purpose of renting, and/or management of your property. We provide a file library function to host documents or images only relating to your properties. You may not host documents or images relating to anything other than your property (for example your personal photos or documents).
- Compliance with New Zealand Residential Tenancy Act (1986)
When using Renthub to rent your residential rental property we expect you to abide by the Residential Tenancy Act or Regulations applicable to the Region or Council where your rental property is located. If we have reason to suspect that you are not abiding by these laws we may suspend or terminate your account.
- Reporting Abuse
If you think anyone is violating any of these Terms, please notify us immediately. If you suspect any user of Renthub that may not be abiding by the Residential Tenancy Act or Regulations we want to hear about it. Please report it to our team. If you think anyone has posted material that violates any copyrights, then you may notify us.
Liability for our Services
nformation on our service or provided in publications from Renthub or provided by our Team should not be regarded as a substitute for professional legal, financial, commercial, or professional advice of any kind. You should seek independent legal advice.
No warranty is made as to the accuracy of information provided by Renthub or our team. Whilst we make every reasonable endeavour to achieve accuracy and reliability in the information provided on the website and in associated publications including resource documents.
You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable property and residential tenancy laws. This includes following correct procedure when your tenant is behind in rent and not relying on our rent reminders, they are just simple notifications. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your data via the software and the website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
Renthub disclaims all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, downtime costs, loss of or damage to reputation, loss connected with defamation, loss under or in relation to any other contract, loss of data, loss of use of data, loss of anticipated savings or benefit suffered or incurred by or awarded against you under or in any way connected with this agreement or the website or any consequential loss which may be suffered by you through relying on anything contained in or omitted from Renthub.
Choices of Law
Acceptable Use Policy
The actions users take can have an impact on our service and other users of the service. Users must follow this Acceptable Use Policy, if you violate it, we may suspend or terminate your account.
- Advertise your Residential Rental Property in New Zealand
You may use our service to advertise a residential rental property located in New Zealand on / via the Renthub service, if you are the person or entity entitled to offer the property for rent or you are advertising the rental property on behalf of the entitled person or entity and in accordance with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Manage your Rental Property
You may use our service to help manage your rental property with the available features of service using Renthub if you are the person or entity entitled to manage the property or you are managing the rental property on behalf of the entitled person or entity and in accordance with this Acceptable Use Policy.
It is not acceptable use of the Service to engage in any of the following practices, or to allow anyone else to engage in the following practices, in using the Service:
- Advertising anything other than a Property for Rent
Advertising anything that is not a residential property for rent. For example: commercial property for sale or rent, holiday rentals, cars, car spaces, boats, caravans, and motorcycles are not acceptable. Holiday rental properties are prohibited from being advertised. We may deem a property advertisement to be considered as a holiday rental if the desired rent term is 3 months or less.
- Incorrect Descriptions of a Property Advertisement
Placing irrelevant information in an information, description, or picture field. You must only use the information, description or picture fields for inserting information that is intended for those fields. For example, inserting the name of the advertising contact person in the description header or property description field is not acceptable.
- Incorrect or Misuse of Photos for Property Advertisements
Incorrect or misuse of photos for advertisements of a rental in the following ways is not acceptable:
- Watermarks, inserting a logo that represents a business entity in a photo of a property advertisement is not acceptable.
- Displaying a photo, drawing or other image that is not a photograph, drawing or image of the property being offered for rent.
- Displaying a photo, drawing or other image within a border that we consider detracts from the quality of the image.
- Displaying text within a photo, drawing or other image that we consider detracts from the quality of the image.
- Displaying a collage or combination of photos or other images within one photo
- Displaying a ‘lifestyle’ photograph, drawing or other image as the main image in a property advertisement. We will have discretion to determine what constitutes a ‘lifestyle’ image for this purpose. For guidance a lifestyle image is commonly an image of a local environmental, which is not an image of the exterior or interior of the property itself.
Misleading someone by giving a false street, suburb or location names that is not accurate or the actual address of the property being advertised.
Advertising multiple properties at the same street address, using the same titles, images, or descriptions.
Using the Service in a way that does or is likely to mislead and deceive the public viewers of the content you provide to our service.
Use the Service for any unlawful, illegal, malicious, or improper purpose. For example: it is not acceptable to, in your use of the Service, display material that:
- May defame or discredit another person or business;
- May disclose private, personal or confidential information;
- Might be considered obscene, offensive, menacing or abusive;
- Might infringe the intellectual property rights of others;
- May violate any law, regulation, standard, content requirements or code promulgated by any relevant authority or industry body.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software on our Websites, or in any way used or downloaded from the Websites.
- Use any of the software on our Websites, or downloaded from the Websites, to create a competing product.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on Renthub;
- In any way violate or infringe or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe the intellectual property or other rights of another person or entity;
- Contain, promote, or provide information about unlawful activities or conduct;
- Be, or could reasonably be expected to be, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful, including Material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability, financial situation or geographic location;
- Exploit another person in any manner;
- Contain nudity, violence, or sexual acts or references;
- Include an image or personal information of another person or persons without their express consent;
- Pose or create a privacy or security risk to any person;
- Be used by you if you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or fraudulent;
- Contain large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content;
- Contain restricted or password only access pages, or hidden content;
- Contain viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- Advertise, promote or solicit any goods or services or commercial activities except where expressly permitted or authorised by us.
Breaching this Policy
If you use any of the Renthub services in a way that breaches this Acceptable Use Policy, you are in breach of your agreement for your use of the Service.
Breaching this Acceptable Use Policy may result in us taking action to remedy the breach. This may include rejecting or deleting a specific property advertisement, suspending, or terminating your subscription to use any of the Renthub services, or any other action that we are permitted to take under our agreement with you and according to law.
If we reject or delete a property advertisement due to a breach by you of this Acceptable Use Policy, you will remain liable for any fees and charges which were made to Advertise the Property for rent.